I am not much of a sweet person, but this was pretty good. My husband and son, had seconds -now, that is a good sign. This is a super easy recipe that was demonstrated in the Miele classes, and they adapted this from Women's Weekly.
200 g butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup caster sugar
1/2 cup almond meal
1 3/4 cups plain flour, sifted
2 cups frozen raspberries
1/3 cup flaked almonds
- Pre-heat oven at 170 C.
- Lightly grease a 24 hole mini muffin pan.
- Cream butter, vanilla and sugar in a bowl until light and fluffy. Stir in almond meal and flour.
- Reserve 1/3 of pastry to use for topping. Fill each mould with pastry and press down firmly.
- Sprinkle raspberries evenly over base, top with remaining crumbled pastry and flaked almonds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden. Cool in tray before removing. Enjoy!